Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Zoo & Pizza Hut















What a difference a day makes. It has not been a perfect day, but it has been SO much better. Claire will sit in the stroller!!!!!! My arms are forever grateful for all your prayers! We went to breakfast this morning in it and then walked to the bus. Then once we were at the Zoo, she went right in. We saw the panda (San Diego's is MUCH nicer) and even a caged rat! Gross hu? There were the most amazing ponds with the largest storks I had ever seen, beautiful black swans and coi as large as salmon. Claire and James fed them and then we played with some bubbles. I carried her out of the park. I didn't want her to think that she was trapped in the stroller. A man selling very cheep toys handed her one and asked me for the money. What am I going to do, take it away from her? He tried to hand her a balloon on a stick, I yelled at him, Bu Ya. Anyway, I gave him his 1 yuan and the silly thing broke when we got on the bus.

Pizza Hut was great. Claire loves ham. She eats ham at breakfast with her congee and she picked it off the pizza today. She was playing with others in our group and even talking around them She would start to shut down when a few would talk to her, but we would just say, no, it is ok and pick her back up with a smile. It has worked well. She even let James carry her to the "wash closet". I also figured out last night how to fix her bottles like the orphanage and she was able to have one when she went to bed and woke up. The other in our group helped me with the "Ancient Chinese Secret". I think that has helped with her mood. She is more satisfied.

I am so grateful for the travel group that the Lord has chosen for us. They are all SO wonderful. I am going to miss the three special needs families that are leaving tomorrow. They are such a blessing. All the others still here are fabulous though. Such a huge support system, built in! I think that the families from the other provinces are coming in soon and I look forward to meeting their children. They will be all new faces to our little Claire though.

James is out shopping on his own. In heaven I am sure. He is used to traveling around the world and shopping in holes in the wall. I did not find it so much fun, but I have not gotten to shop oin Sammish yet. Claire was not ahving it yesterday. James says that he is ready to leave her in daycare and go! Well, that is not going to happen!!!! So, I sent him alone. He is on a mission for a tube to add to the rinsing bottle we have. He is the colostomy bag keeper. It is really helping with his bonding time with her. He also gave her a bath last night. She is starting to warm right up to him now. She LOVES the water. We brought swimmers tape, I think that we might try the pool this evening!

Please pray for Jordon (and Jenny). Jordon tore the ligiments in his knee. Some of you may remember that he sprained it last year in basketball, well he reinjured it at soccer and is going to see the orthopedic seurgeon for pre-op on Tuesday, but Jenny says that they will not do surgery until we get back. It is frustrating for Jordon as he has really been enjoying sports lately. I am sad for him, but he is being a great sport about it. Jenny has been a trooper with her medical powers of attorney for the kids! God bless you all!