Saturday, September 23, 2006

Medical Appointment






We went to our medical appointment today. Everything went great. They said that she was 26 lbs today. They also said that we seem to be taking good care of her colostomy bag. She did not like having her ears looked at, but I am grateful that I started her antibiotics, because she looked at the "ear in question" three times. I think that she could tell it was on the mends.

Praise be to our Lord and He alone, Claire has only had temper tantrums today and not rages for unknown reasons. Unfortunatly one was with James alone while I was at the paper meeting, but he handled it well. She does not like to be told no. He would not let her play with the computer. Her second one was at Japaneese dinner when I would not let her hold a glass on her own. Our table took care of that one. They began to sing, "The Wheels on the Bus". You would have thought that the one verse would be enough (since Claire had stopped crying and was looking at them all like they were crazy) but no ... they were having so much fun that we completed all eight verses. They warned her that if she did it again, they would have to bring out "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". She did not even THINK about throwing another fit!

She is so beautiful. We really are enjoying her. Your prayers are being felt and I pray that this journal will help to prepare others about to make this journey. It IS a bed of roses... you just have to remember that roses have thorns, but the Lord will help you remove them.