Monday, September 18, 2006

Gotcha Day!!!!!






I don't even know where to begin, so I will start at the begining. We left the motel at 7:00 am this morning, went to the airport and arived in Guangzhou at 12:15 pm. We went straight from the airport to the civil affairs office. Our group had a 2:00pm appointment. We were a little late, but the babies had not yet arrived. Soon the babies from the other province came. It took a few minutes for them to get their tempratures taken (they felt like an eternity!) . They then let us know that those babies were ready, but that Claire had not yet arrived. One by one, families received their little girls. All so beautiful. We helped to take pictures for others and enjoyed visiting with each baby.

After a few minutes, I was getting a little upset. It was hard to not know how long it would be before Claire would arive. About that time, I saw a dress that was all to familier to me. A little girl walked into the room across the hall to have her temprature taken. It was amaxing, it was the back of her head, and I knew it was her!!!! I quickly grabbed our travel letter and let Amy know that she was here. She went to check on her and said she would be with us in just a minute. That was all the longer it took. One minute later, she came walking in the door!!!! She never cried, she just looked at us and came to me right away. She loves her little doll and even took right to James.

We brought her back to the room, washed her and changed her clothes. It was not long and she was giggling on the couch with James and playing with her doll. We have taken her to McDonalds and she LOVES french fries.

Thank you all for your prayers. The Lord has defiantely answered them. She will not let us put her down. The nanny from the orphanage told us that we should not hold her much because of her colostomy bag. Right ... if I don't pick her up, she backs up to the wall and won't move. Everytime James or I hold her, she just lays her head down on our chest and wraps her arms around us. I cannot tell you how much we are loving this!!!! Thank you again, please continue to pray and we'll continue to update the site.

God bless