Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tineman Square






Wow ... what a day! We started out at 9:00 am and I can barely write to you, we are SO tired. I will divide this day into where we were, so you can see photos of each place. Tineman Square was very incredible. The history is so very rich. We walked and walked to get from one side to the next. Our guides have given our families numbers, and they call out our number at each stop point.

We looked around the square for a bit, I did as our guide DID NOT recomend and bought things from the people there selling stuff!! It was great. I got just what I wanted (and for the price I wanted).

Then we walked across into the forbidden city. It looks just like it does in every picture you have ever seen. Except that there is construction everywhere. They say it is becasue they are getting ready for the Olympics. It is VERY long. There is square after square of buildings, not just one. I thought that the one with the bridges was most beautiful.

I actually held up the group at one point. We went into a four star bathroom while we were there. I thought that it meant that they were all "regular" toilets. I was wrong, only two "regular" toilets ... the rest ... well you guessed it ... squatty potties!!!!! Ugggh. Needless to say, I waited for one of the "regular" ones!

At the end of the Forbidden City there is a very nice garden area with a pond. At this point we were off to the next adventure and trust me ... I am talking about the bus ride, not the sites. Our driver's American name is James. Linecar and Sherry our guides gave him that name, because he drives a bus like James Bond does a sports car!