

I am amazed each day at Claire's progress. She was able to get into a wagon yesterday to hand out with Jace, Jordon, Tori, Tacia, my mom, Curt & Susan. It was so good to see her out of her room and about. It did wear her out, so when she went back to bed to take a nap, I took the four other children to lunch and the book store. It was much needed time with them and a great break from the hospital. Curt, Susan and my mom hung out with Claire who slept the entire two hours I was gone!
She slept well last night and had her suction tube removed from her stomach this morning, which meant .... BROTH!!!!!! she got it just as Deana walked in the door and it was some much needed "by way of mouth" nourishment. She looks fabulous and as soon as she can tolerate the solids she will be allowed to eat, we will begin oral pain medications. Once the pain is maintained orally, we will be able to go home!!!! Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words. I have had good sleep and company visit just when I needed! You are all a blessing to us!
Please as you are praying, keep James in mind. He threw a box away and the flap popped up and cut his eyeball. He is in much pain. I remember how he was after his lasiks surgery and it was not good. It also makes his time rather boring and his job is almost all done by reading and computer, neither of which he can do for a while. Maybe he will find some scrap wood and build something? :)
God bless, Lisa
2 comments:
I had a great time with both of you today. I will email you and James the "pretty faces" pictures that Claire and I took today while we were playing with the camera. It was great fun!
Dave, Bryce, Lyndee, Erica, and Kyle send their love!
Deana
Just me checking in. I am glad you have so much support. I wish I could be there to give you one of those much needed breaks. I hope you know how much I am thinking about all of you...James included. I hope you are doing alright tonight and that little Claire continues to improve in leaps and bounds! I love you all!
Heidi
Post a Comment