Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Nearly Tube Free
Well, we are catheter and epidural free. It has been a challenge to manage Claire's pain even with the epidural, so as you can imagine it has not been easy since they removed it. She is without nourishment for four hours so she is with me as I write this!!!! No tubes connected to anything!! She is really doing well considering the amount of pain she has been in. Thank you all for your love and prayers. It really does mean so much. Jenny is coming down to spend the night with us tonight. Our roommate has moved out, so we are praying for a very quiet night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi again...I didn't realize there was more! I am glad to hear that she is almost there. I remember when they took Matthew's IV's and tubes away. I cried for fear that he would get in so much pain that I couldn't handle it. We had some rough go's but made it in the end. I will never forget the tantrum I through as I chewed out the Nurse Practitioner who came in with the Anestisiolgist(I don't even dream that I spelled that right!)to remove his. Humiliating. It sounds like you are much stronger than I was. Regardless, you and Claire will be fine and the pain will get under control. Remember that with each step you are closer to being home and Claire is closer to living a completely normal life! I love you...again. : )
Heidi
Post a Comment