Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Did I Mention ... We Have Food

I think that I forgot to mention that Claire was able to start eating yesterday. It was a great break through and we were in hope that we would be heading home today. Unfortunately we will not. Claire has been unable to pass urine without the catheter. Jenny and I assisted the nurse with holding Claire as she had to go through the "not fun at all" task of putting the catheter back in. They said that it could have been too soon after removing the epidural, but they are also concerned about the nerve endings of her bladder. The work that they did to repair her fistula was very close to them. We are going to try and remove the catheter this evening and see if her bladder begins to function again before morning. If so we will be home by Friday. If not we will be meeting with urology and working on the next step.

James' eye seems to be doing better! He called this morning and seemed much more like himself. He likes to keep busy and that eye was just standing in his way!

Jenny came and spent the night with us last night. It was great therapy for me! We ate chocolate, watched the dancing with the starts season finale and chatted with Claire's surgeon. He is such a great guy, he was going to join our little party, but he looks a bit tired from a surgery he had just come out of. By the way, my kids we asking how many stitches Claire has, he said that there is over 100 on the inside, between 35-40 in the newly formed area plus the ones down her front and up her back. he finally said "WELL over 100!" Thanks again for all the visits, gifts, calls, emails and comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you all, and that I love you!

Love,
Heidi