Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday after Surgery

Claire is doing better today. She still wants food, but has not had a major fit over it yet. She slept until 10:00 am and then went straight in to get a main IV placed that can withstand feedings that they would like to start giving to her this evening. I assumed she was receiving nourishment intravenously until now, but I guess she was only receiving liquids. we are praying that as her body gets the nourishment it needs, it will make the extreme desire for food less. As soon as her intestines begin to work, they will start her on a liquid diet. They have also decreased her pain medication. She is moving around a lot more independently and that was a good sign! I must get back to her but wanted to give you all a quick update. Your prayers are being heard, please continue to pray.

No comments: