Thursday, May 17, 2007
Two Days After Surgery
Claire is continuing to struggle with pain. I feel so bad for her because she tries to be very brave. They let her sit in my arms this afternoon. It was so nice to hold her but she got very tired and needed to go back into the bed. Jenny is here and gave me a chance to get a shower and eat some hot food. Our night was hard until about 2:00 am. Claire had to cough to get everything out of her lungs and it hurt her SO badly to do so. She finally did. We held a teddy bear on her tummy incisions while she did so she would not be so scared. We really needed another stuffed animal though to hold up her other arm as we did this. Claire was also having a hard time feeling successful blowing bubbles, so she had given up. Her oxygen saturation was quickly going down. We were at the low eighties when the Lord is so good to provide. The CPO mess sent Claire a package, in it was a book and teddy bear, ever so soft and just the right size! If that was not enough there was also a pinwheel!!!!! YES! She began blowing for us and her oxygen has been 100 ever since!!!! I am so grateful for this provision. I am a little nervous about the possibility of them taking out her spinal tomorrow where she is receiving her pain meds right now. It feels like we just got her "near" comfortable and that it could be a struggle for her to get back to where she is now. I know that the Lord will comfort and provide. Please be praying for her comfort as her sweet little body tries to heal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lisa, be assured of my prayers for Claire and for you. Wow, it was no coincidence that the package arrived when it did. God is good!
Love and Prayers,
Becki (AWAA SN sister)
I am so glad the package came. Wow! It always amazes me when things like that happen! You are a wonderful mommy and I can hear your heart breaking in your words. Remember though, this will pass, and when it does, the results will be something she will be grateful for her entire life!
I love you lady! Give her a little kiss when you kiss her goodnight for me.
Post a Comment