
James and I went to our doctor's appointment last week. Our doctor was SO sweet and got us all the meds we will need and sent us to an official "over seas travel briefing." This is where I learned that my "old" records (that are lost in archives) must have record of my immunizations. Since we have no proof, better safe than sorry. I received SIX immunizations total at one time! Wow! My arms are killing me. I still have a bruise on my left arm and I have to go back tomorrow for a booster! James only had to get two. Lucky dog!
Today eight special needs families from our agency received travel approval. I knew that we weren't quite in line yet to receive ours, but there was that smidgen of hope! I have Claire all packed! She has one whole suitcase to herself and it is exactly 40 lbs! We are only allowed 44 pounds each, in country, for our flights. James and I will have to pack carefully into one bag under 44 pounds! I reviewed everything that I packed for Claire and there are a couple things that can go if we travel in August (some extra jackets) and some that can go if we travel in September (shorts and tanks). That should drop a bit. Unfortunately the bags themselves seem to take up quite a bit of weight. If I could just bring myself to lug a duffle bag instead of rolling a nice one! Na ... I will just buy more there. We can have two bags weighing 50 pounds each coming home vs. two bags weighing 44 pounds TOGETHER in country! Plus Claire gets two bags also!!!! Ya, anyone need me to shop for them? That's like 300 pounds total. I will have to accumulate 212 pounds of shopping from China to "make weight". :)
I have decided to get as much of my Christmas shopping done as possible while I am there. My kids have already made a few things as gifts. I thought that I might be extra busy with a little one around and decided I better get started early. My Black Friday shopping may look different this year. I may just be going shopping for others (maybe that can be a fundraiser for the next adoption) and hanging out for lunch ... the best part of the day. Right after being first in line to K B Toys of course!!!!
Thank you all for your prayers with the adoption and James' work. James has new orders and is re enlisting for his last six years in the military. He could decide to stay longer, six will at least get him to retirement.