Thursday, June 15, 2006

LOI, DTC & PA



God definately knows how to motivate me. I had no idea that paperwork could get completed so quickly. Our Letter Of Intent to adopt Claire was sent to China on 5/5/06. With in that next month we had gotten our medical, financial and police forms all done. Our Home Study was then complete and then, with God's grace, we recieved our I 171H in only three weeks from fingerprinting. Our dossier was sent to China on 6/9/06 WOW! We are also so excited to hear that we have pre approval on 6/12/06 to adopt Claire. China has said YES! Now we are waiting on a Log In Date (the day China starting looking at our paperwork) for our Dossier and Travel Approval. It can take a while to hear about a Log In Date even if it is already done. So, we will wait patiently (at least Laura our Family coordinator is praying that we do) Sometimes I feel like I drive that woman crazy! That is my own fault for always getting annoyed at "first time mothers". Now I get to be the "first time adopting mom"!

You spend so much time and effort on your Dossier, that once it is done, you are not sure what to do. I am convinced that is why there are so many GREAT adoption websites to follow. I of course had to take a picture of the dossier before I mailed it out. Thank you Susan & Jenny for helping me find the documents "hiding" under one another. (I just about had a corinary!)

Please pray for our Travel Approval! I keep teasing James that I think that we will find out our Log In Date the same day we get Travel Approval! It would just be nice to hear something!

God bless!